At adidas, we believe that “Through Sport, we have the power to change lives”.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers, and the best way to accelerate this process is through Digital.
JAVA DEVELOPER ADVOCATE
Our tech hub in Zaragoza is providing the technical solutions to the fast growth adidas digital business. We create the vision, design, build and operate everything related to digital B2C business, or internal solutions, for adidas. From online web and mobile stores, to digital marketing, to internal products used during product creation lifecycle.
Customer is at the core of everything we do. We have the tremendous responsibility of creating the new, building premium experiences for our users. Our IT teams are continuously looking for creativity, perfection, and also satisfaction.
Become a crucial part of an Agile Software Engineering team, by jumping in, and working together to create the future developing game-changing software.
Are you ready to live adidas experience?
As Java Developer Advocate, these are the roles & responsibilities (related to the Java Virtual Machine backend stack):
- Maintenance and evolution of guidelines.
- Ownership of all project templates and seeds.
- Ownership of all related Technical Reference Model TRM topics, including evolution of the tech stack.
- Maintainer of the JVM (Java, Kotlin, Scala, …) languages, frameworks and any related topics in the Tech Radar.
- Foster the backend community – across all dimensions of the capability framework.
- Drive initiatives to boost software craftmanship awareness and continuous improvement.
- Key contributor and organizer of thought leadership activities and artefacts (internal and external): blog posts, guides, presentations, tutorials, onboarding material, trainings, conferences.
- Owning KPIs (reporting and improving) for overall health and freshness of the stack as well as developer efficiency and experience.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders: Platform Teams, Backend Capability Team, Product teams, QA Engineers, Solution Architects, Site Reliability Engineers, Product Owners, etc.
What we are looking for:
- College or university degree with focus on IT or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Min. 7 years of IT experience, with exposure to product development lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Proficiency English skills (verbal and written).
- Strong knowledge on Java Virtual Machine programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Scala, …) and frameworks (Spring Boot, Quarkus, …).
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies, tools and processes.
- Strong software quality assurance and software security mindset, using tools and best practices, integrated in software delivery lifecycle.
- Required technical skills:
- Proficient in backend development with Java Virtual Machine languages and frameworks.
- Hands-on experience with microservices (design, development, and deployment) and application scalability and performance.
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs.
- Nice to have technical skills:
- Experience with event driven architectures.
- Experience with continuous integration (CI/CD toolset).
- Experience with container orchestrators (Kubernetes).
- Experience with cloud platforms (preferred AWS).
- DevOps mindset: ownership of IT process from development/testing to deployment phase.
- Experience working in agile teams (Scrum/Kanban).
- Growth mindset, continuous learning, always growing and improving.
- Passion for latest technology and consumer value delivery.
Main technologies we use:
- Languages (required): Java Virtual Machine related languages: Java, Kotlin, Scala, …
- Frameworks (required): Spring, SpringBoot, Quarkus, …
- Other frameworks: Akka.
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes, Docker.
- Databases: SQL and NoSQL, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Search engines: ElasticSearch.
- CI/CD: Jenkins.
- Observability: ELK stack, Grafana.
- Events: Kafka.
- Cloud platforms: AWS.
- Agile methodologies: Scrum/Kanban.
What we offer:
- Be part of a company where digital transformation, innovation and continuous improvement are core principles of our culture.
- Join a team of talented and passionate engineers, with a lot of opportunities to learn, grow and reach your expectations.
- Individual development, training and a tech community.
- Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility.
- Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas products.
- Hybrid Work Setup: enjoy the advantages of a flexible remote work environment (within Spain) combined with the amazing onsite facilities and culture.
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.
Do you have experience, or want to learn all the technologies we use? Are you looking for growing professionally within adidas? We are happy to receive your application.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.adidas-group.com.