At adidas, we believe that “Through Sport, we have the power to change lives”.
To change lives, we have to create direct relationships with consumers, and the best way to accelerate this process is through Digital
SENIOR PLATFORM ENGINEER – SECURITY
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Connectivity Team work to provide the best-in-class service. We are Tech Core, and we own the game. Our mission is to build a platform that guarantees an optimum, efficient, flexible, resilient, and secure access to our systems, anywhere, anytime.
The role, as part of the Global team, will be involved in the activities associated with the product life cycle (design, delivery, operation, and end of life) focusing on programs that will provide connectivity security solutions to Data Center, Offices and Retail Stores. The Senior Platform Engineer will also participate in transversal tasks guiding service partners and vendors to ensure successful execution of projects. A focus of the role is on automation and standardization of our environment guaranteeing the security by design.
The incumbent will have a background in large scale, multi-vendor connectivity environments, with 3-5 years’ experience in multi-national organizations, designing and / or supporting complex regional and global networks. Experience in Retail and Logistics would be an advantage. The role will also be expected to work closely with offshore and global vendors to optimize solutions and support models, working closely to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered. The incumbent will need to have a high level of technical expertise. They will also be required to work in an outsourced operation environment and help to optimize these services through strong vendor partnerships.
- Collaborates in the design, engineering and architecture processes associated to Network security Products.
- Contributes to selection of technologies, tools, and techniques for projects/programs.
- Reviews requirements and specifications and defines test conditions.
- Carries out assessment (even risk overview), analysis, planning and design of work orders associated to projects/programs.
- Leads the deployment of work orders coordinating key stakeholders (Business Units, Service Providers, Vendors)
- Guarantees project/program delivery quality through the definition and the evaluation of acceptance tests.
- Identifies and resolves connectivity issues with applications or infrastructure components, following agreed procedures.
- Investigates problems in systems, processes, and services.
- Supports the configuration of network security devices and tests platform-specific versions of one or more products.
- Investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organization.
- Assists in defining acceptance tests for these recommendations.
- Gathers information to enable change management, problem management or incident management.
- Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Support with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
What we are looking for:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on IT, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive work experience, at least 3-4 years in an IT Connectivity/Network Security role
- Fluent spoken and written command of English
Required technical skills:
- Strong (3-5 year’s) experience in network security including CCSE, CISSP certification or equivalent experience, including detailed understanding of corporate Network Security environments.
- Experience and certification in security technologies such as next-gen firewalls (Checkpoint, Cisco), IPS/IDS, Remote VPN and SASE/SSE (Zscaler) is an advantage.
Nice to have technical skills
- Maintain technology expertise in enterprise LAN, WLAN, WAN connectivity, include but not limited to installing, configuring, testing, and documenting the equipment/network system according to the design and specifications.
- Good understanding of a problem or situation, able to break down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts, able to use the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting on the result.
- Be able to understand and explain the needs of the internal or external stakeholders and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Be able to compose new standards and document technical processes for network operations team.
- Applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- Understanding the needs, objectives, and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
- Being proactive and creative.
What we offer:
- Be part of a company where digital transformation, innovation and continuous improvement are core principles of our culture.
- Hybrid Work Setup: enjoy the advantages of a flexible remote work environment (within Spain) combined with the amazing onsite facilities and culture.
- Join a team of talented and passionate engineers, developing cloud native solutions, with a lot of opportunities to learn, grow and reach your expectations.
- Individual development, training and a tech community.
- Sport friendly environment, great work-life balance and flexibility.
- Competitive salary, benefits and valuable discounts on adidas products.
To be the best sports company in the world, you need the best talents within your teams.
Do you have experience, or want to learn all the technologies we use? Are you looking for growing professionally within adidas? We are happy to receive your application.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.adidas-group.com.